Why we focus on the whole being- principles of Integrative Medicine
A patient is a human being and not a disease. Since the very beginning of my medical career I noticed that any treatment focused exclusively on the physical level would only remove the external symptoms and signs of the disease, and patients tend to return with the same problem again. A disease is the result of long lasting, complex processes (this is particularly true with chronic, recurrent diseases, autoimmune disorders, and malignancies), so that temporary suppressing of symptoms and signs (with anti-inflammatory┬ádrugs, painkillers, antibiotics, steroids, and surgical operations) cannot solve the problem at its source. Taking care of the physical side is not enough; it is necessary to understand the patient and the deeper causes of his/her disease. Different spheres of life (work, relations, eating habits, lifestyle, past experiences,┬áetc.) merge together to form an indivisible, unique whole, and have great influence on the origin of the disease, its course, and success in treatment. Medical practice based on this idea applies integrative approach to the treatment. The fruit of such approach and experience is our Integrative Medical Center, in Poland.
Dr Preeti Agrawal MD PhD Specialist in Integrative Medicine
Treatment principles and goals in IMC
- In our clinic patients and practitioners are partners in the healing process.
- We use conventional and alternative methods which improve the bodyÔÇÖs innate healing response.
- We use effective interventions that are natural and less invasive as the first line of treatment.
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and diseases including body, mind, spirit, and community are taking under consideration by our team.
- We neither reject conventional medicine nor accept alternative therapies uncritically.
- We are inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- In our clinic the broader concept of Wellness, health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- We commit ourselves to self-exploration and self-development thus exemplifying the principles of integrative medicine.
At our Center we offer integrative consultations and individualized treatment program for everyone irrespective of age and gender. We specialize in the treatment of difficult diseases, including chronic, oncological and lifestyle diseases. In our practice, we use various tools and constantly updated knowledge. In a uniquely tailored treatment plan, we harmoniously combine the achievements of modern medicine with tools typically used in psychology, physiotherapy as well as Eastern and natural therapies. We offer onsite Detox & Rejuvenation Retreats at our Center.
Integrative Medical team is headed by Dr Preeti Agrawal MD PhD specialist in Integrative Medicine (University of Arizona, US). Our team consists of people with high qualifications in their respective fields. We put the best of our knowledge, experience, and heart into our work. Our team consists of doctors, nurses, osteopaths, psychologists, specialists in Eastern medicine and others.